Sunday, November 3, 2013

Up To Date

As I began the process of updating my website (www.lindabeed.com) I found areas that needed my immediate attention; especially my bio.
 
As I looked it over I wondered if what I had was enough or too much. I wasn’t really sure. After speaking to a few I consider well-versed in this area I set up a strategy based on their suggestions. I've shared those suggestions below.

*Read the bio of several authors and make a list of what you like and don’t like
 
*Prepare your bio taking care to make it professional and     that it also conveys your personal style

*Include information that lends credibility to you as it pertains to the purpose of the bio
 
*Include any personal affiliation you may have (especially those that connect with the story line of any of your works)  
 
*From that create a mini, short, medium and extended bio appropriate for the multiple areas you operate in

Some reading this might question the last two items on the list above. Here is the sensible answer. Most writers are talented in multiple areas and are often called upon for interviews and speaking engagements. By creating a mini, small, medium and extended bio in each of your disciplines, you’ll be prepared for the opportunities that arise.

I hope this information will help you in some way. Feel free to respond with information you may have to add to what’s been offered here.


 

Until next time – remember to use your words to bear good fruit!

 

Linda!

 
 

 

 
 



 
 
 
 

  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment