Friday, April 10, 2015

ADDICTED TO 'HURRY'

In this age of electronic convenience it's very easy to schedule our lives out to the millisecond if we choose to. The problem is--with that convenience it can become too easy to believe we can do it all, and before we know it, we've become addicted to 'hurry'.
 
What does that mean? Just what it says. We find ourselves in a  hurry to finish this because we have to meet this deadline because we're scheduled to do this by this date or time. The rationalization can become the force that drives us to exhaustion and/or distance us from what's important.
 
Do you feel like you're always in a hurry? For most of us the answer is yes. For me the answer was YES-YES.
 
Juggling what is expected of us with what we look forward to can place us on a treadmill to nowhere with deadlines we can't always meet without stress or guilt. I know because I can honestly say that I had to acknowledge my addiction to 'hurry' and sign up for the one-step program back to 'slow down'.
 
 
What was that one step -- just stop.
 
I hear you out there screaming, "but I can't." Well, you really can, but it's a matter of choice. So today my encouragement to you is to take what you do seriously, but don't allow it to overtake your life. Slow down, because if you don't, you may soon find yourself back on that treadmill to nowhere while life passes you by.
 

 
Linda!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment