Thursday, April 2, 2015

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF


As a little girl I often daydreamed about who I wanted to be and what I wanted to do. Of course back then who and what I wanted to be varied from day-to-day. Moving into the ranks of adulthood didn't change the fact that I still had varied interests. What changed was that I began to believe that I could achieve what others told me I couldn't.

It took time, but I slowly began the process to move forward with the desire that had been burning in my spirit. Holding fast to that desire and needing to be the example of what I had preached to my children, at the age of forty-five I enrolled into college.

It was scary for many reasons. The first being that I had doubts about my intellectual capacity.

That revelation sounded strange to those who had known me in the realm of business owner and ministry leader. It did because they saw the outer trappings of a woman fighting to overcome the stigma of being crushed by unkind words that destroyed my belief of what I could achieve.

It took some doing, but I made the decision to believe everything I told my children about overcoming adversity and negative words. I dared to believe that I could earn a college degree. I dared to believe that by doing so I could be an encouragement and maybe, even a champion for those who have yet to believe.

Today I challenge, encourage and implore you to take the time to discover who you are and believe in yourself. 


 
 
Linda!
 


4 comments:

  1. Okay, i'll do just that and go and do something I've never done before. Just hope I don't get caught.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen, if you're caught we'll visit on Sundays - Linda!

      Delete
  2. Hooray, LInda! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete