Monday, April 13, 2015

It's In Your Hand

A few years back it seemed like the world was crashing down around us. Many were concerned about their savings, investments and employment. I was too, but then I remembered something I
used to say to myself and others when faced with the possibility of a government shutdown in 1995 and 1996. When people asked if I was worried I'd respond with, "If God can't take care of me then I can't be taken care of." 
 
Those words ignited a belief in me that if push came to shove I had a few skills in my hands I could draw upon that could keep the roof over our heads and food on the table if it came down to it. It didn't come down to 'it' and I'm grateful for that. Although it didn't it made me reconsider what was in my hand.
 
I was surprised at what I found. You might be surprised at what's in your hand as well. It could be anything from artistic abilities to the discovering the cure for diabetes. So, the next time you're trying to figure out what to do with your life, look at your hands--you might be surprised at what you find.
 
 
Linda!
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Seems like I've always gotten by no matter how bleak things appeared initially.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Arlee. It's good to know that you've always made a way.

    Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice! Sometimes what we need it right there waiting to be found.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Vampires
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to my blog Tim. You're right. More often than not, what we already possess what we're looking for.

    ReplyDelete