Thursday, April 16, 2015

Loving to Learn

 
Some may call me a bit nerdy because of my need to know. I can't help it, I love to learn. 
 
I love research because it's a way for me to discover something new or learn more about a subject I thought I was well-versed on.
 
As a writer my natural inquisitiveness came in handy, but only to a degree. I soon found that the art of research was good, but not if it didn't yield the appropriate data.
 
In my first novel, Business Unusual, I wanted to create a quick-witted conversation between the two protagonists as it pertained to  roses. I knew that roses from a man signified a strong interest in the woman he sent them to. What I didn't understand was that there were specific meanings behind each color of a rose. Having that knowledge allowed me to add another layer to the personalities of my characters.
 
The enhanced confidence in my skill set prompted me to dare to go deeper with forthcoming storylines, scenes and plot development. Developing that habit wasn't as easy as it sounded. It wasn't, but I learned to love the time it took to bring you reading enjoyment. So far you've told me I've done a good job.
 
 
 
Linda!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment