Wednesday, April 8, 2015

FEROCITY

FEROCITY -- The quality of being ferocious.
 
In the midst of a tense roundtable debate one of the panelist insinuated that I had a Napoleon complex. Years of experience taught me that the remark had two objectives. The first was to divert focus from the point-of-view the panelist couldn't support with their rhetoric. The second was to possibly tone down how I defended my position.
 
The subject matter on the table that day had long been a passion of mine. The ferocity in which I defended it had been embedded in my spirit for years. I applied the same to the passion to my family, ministry and business. I have because early in life I found that once I took a stance about subject I would be challenged. I would because of the limitations society had sought to place on me by virtue of gender, stature and ethnicity. In time I learned that the challenge wouldn't be the issue; how I stood, would.
 
On my quest to fulfill purpose, it was not promised that the road I'd travel would be easy. But I won't be turned way by those who don't understand what I've been called to do. I encourage you to go after whatever you're called to with a ferocity that would stun even you.
 
 
 
 Linda!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment